Christopher W. Carr
Chris Carr represents injured plaintiffs in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases. He also represents businesses and individuals in high dollar and complex business disputes.
Since 1994, Mr. Carr has tried cases to Judges, juries and arbitrators. He briefly interrupted his trial practice for a three-year term as General Counsel at USMD Holdings, Inc. during which he presided over the sale of that publicly traded company.
He recently tried the following cases:
- Member of trial team (Mr. Carr delivered the opening statement to the jury, cross-examined the CEO of the target defendant, and questioned critical witnesses) in quadruple fatality jury trial in Midland Count, Texas in May 2021. Obtained $5.9 million plaintiff’s verdict which is believed to be the largest personal injury verdict in the county’s history. Neva Rogers, in all her capacities v. Luis Rangel, Jr. and Dancar Energy Construction, LLC, Cause No. CV54482 in the 385th District Court of Midland County, Texas.
- Lead lawyer in business arbitration tried in January and February 2021 in which the opposing party sought millions of dollars in damages from Mr. Carr’s client, but recovered only slightly more than $30,000. Jumbo Bag Corp. v. Mark Oliphant and Pangea Packaging, Inc., American Arbitration Association Case No. 01-19-0001-2610.
Mr. Carr has tried more than fifteen cases to jury verdict, more than ten cases to verdict before Judges, and has arbitrated more than five cases to final award.
He has appeared as lead counsel in courts located in more than twenty different states. He has represented parties through the trial or resolution of hundreds of cases involving, in the aggregate, hundreds of millions of dollars in alleged damages.
Mr. Carr is committed to ensuring that his clients receive full access to the legal justice system and will consider sharing his clients’ lawsuit risk through contingent fee or alternative billing arrangements.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S District Court, Western District of Texas
Texas Tech University School of Law
- Juris Doctor – 1994, cum laude
- Texas Tech Law Review (1992 – 1994)
- Law Review Note Editor (1993 – 1994)
The University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance - 1991
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Recipient of the 2021 John Howie Award from the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association for the “courageous pursuit of justice in the face of adversity.”
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer,” a Thomson Reuters service printed in Texas Monthly (2005 – 2017)
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Awards in Torts, Contracts, Criminal Law and Public International Law