Michael Fechner’s trial practice focuses on representing plaintiffs in complex catastrophic personal injury cases and business disputes. Whether it is a personal injury matter or a complex business dispute, he demonstrates the uncommon compliment of human empathy to go with his critical thinking and legal experience.
He has obtained favorable judgments, arbitration awards, and settlements for his clients across a wide spectrum of subject matter and currently handles cases before judges, juries, and arbitrators throughout Texas and the country.
Fechner earned his law degree from Southern Methodist University’s Dedman School of Law, where he served as President of the SMU Law Review and graduated Order of the Coif and Order of the Barristers. He earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin.
He is the author of “Lessons on the Way to Heaven: What My Father Taught Me,” a book about his father’s devotion to serving and loving the hopeless and hurting in the face of his own terminal cancer diagnosis. Fechner serves as a board member, mentor, and coach at BridgeBuilders, a non-profit organization that his father founded to serve the south Dallas Bonton neighborhood. He also has worked extensively with Legal Aid of Northwest Texas as a member of the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- J.D., magna cum laude – 2018
- SMU Law Review, President
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers
University of Texas at Austin
- B.S., Political Communications -- 2010
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Texas (2023)