P. Wes Black
Wes Black’s practice combines the determination of a high-stakes trial lawyer with the exacting focus of a veteran appellate attorney.
Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Wes represents clients involved in catastrophic injury cases and high-stakes business disputes.
He has briefed and argued cases before both state and federal appellate courts, including numerous Texas Courts of Appeals, the Texas Supreme Court, and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. He has also represented clients in state and federal jury trials.
Wes's practice has provided him with perspective from both sides of the bench. Prior to entering private practice, he served as briefing attorney for Chief Justice Rex Davis of the Tenth Judicial District Court of Appeals.
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Baylor University School of Law
- Baylor Law Review, Editor
The University of Texas at Austin
- B.S., History
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2020-2023