Stephen focuses his practice on handling personal injury litigation and complex business disputes. He has extensive courtroom experience handling a wide range of civil litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. Stephen is not afraid to go to bat for his clients—anytime, anywhere.
Stephen started his legal career clerking for the Honorable Michael H. Schneider in the Eastern District of Texas. During his clerkship he was responsible for hundreds of complex civil and criminal cases and participated in trials ranging from products liability to the most complex business disputes. The breadth and depth of that experience provided the foundation for his development and success as a trial lawyer and appellate advocate.
Building on that experience, Stephen has obtained favorable judgments and settlements for clients. Those victories have led his peers to recognize him on the Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers – Texas Rising Stars listing (2019 -2020), as well being honored as by D Magazine as one of the “Best Lawyers Under 40” (2020). Never one to rest on his laurels, though, Stephen continues to strategically and aggressively pursue the best possible outcome for his clients.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Product Liability
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Oil & Gas
- Texas, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
Texas Tech University School of Law
- J.D. summa cum laude – 2013
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: ALI-ABA Scholarship & Leadership Award
- Honors: Donald M. Hunt Outstanding Barrister Award
- B.A. – 2009
- Major: Political Science
- Honors: Hatton W. Sumners Scholar
- Comment, If It Wasn’t on Purpose, Can a Court Take It Personally?: Untangling Asahi’s Mess That J’McIntyre Did Not, 45 TEX. TECH L. REV. 463 (2013).
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine (2020)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Texas (2019-2020)
- Best Lawyers, Ones To Watch (2021)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Association of Former Law Clerks of the Eastern District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association