Stephen focuses his practice on handling personal injury litigation and complex business disputes.
Stephen started his legal career clerking for the Honorable Michael H. Schneider in the Eastern District of Texas. During his clerkship, he was responsible for hundreds of complex civil and criminal cases and participated in trials ranging from product liability to the most complex business disputes. The breadth and depth of that experience provided the foundation for his development and success as a trial lawyer and appellate advocate.
Building on that experience, Stephen has obtained favorable judgments and settlements for clients. Those victories have led his peers to recognize him on the Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers – Texas Rising Stars listing (2019 -2020), as well being honored as by D Magazine as one of the “Best Lawyers Under 40” (2020). Never one to rest on his laurels, though, Stephen continues to strategically and aggressively pursue the best possible outcome for his clients.
- Texas, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Texas Tech University School of Law
- J.D. summa cum laude – 2013
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: ALI-ABA Scholarship & Leadership Award
- Honors: Donald M. Hunt Outstanding Barrister Award
- B.A. – 2009
- Major: Political Science
- Honors: Hatton W. Sumners Scholar
- Comment, If It Wasn’t on Purpose, Can a Court Take It Personally?: Untangling Asahi’s Mess That J’McIntyre Did Not, 45 TEX. TECH L. REV. 463 (2013).
HONORS & AWARDS
- Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine (2020)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Texas (2019-2020)
- Best Lawyers, Ones To Watch (2021)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Association of Former Law Clerks of the Eastern District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association