Stephen’s clients often come to him when they are dealing with the worst moment of their lives. He is inspired by the trust they place in him and is relentless in pursuing justice for them. Never one to back down from a challenge, he tirelessly pursues the path to victory—regardless of whether it is a creative solution or just old-fashioned, nose-to-the-grindstone work.
Stephen started his legal career clerking for the Honorable Michael H. Schneider in the Eastern District of Texas. During his clerkship, he was responsible for hundreds of complex civil and criminal cases and participated in trials ranging from product liability to complex business disputes. The breadth and depth of that experience provided the foundation for his development and success as a trial lawyer by allowing him to learn what persuades judges and juries.
Using that insight, Stephen has obtained favorable verdicts, judgments, and settlements for his clients. Those victories have led to numerous awards and recognitions. Most recently, Stephen was part of the record-setting trial team at Lyons & Simmons that received the prestigious 2021 John Howie Award. Stephen’s peers have also recognized him on the Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers – Texas Rising Stars listing (2019-2022), as well as naming him to the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021-2022). Never one to rest on his laurels, though, Stephen continues to strategically and aggressively pursue the best possible outcome for his clients.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Texas Tech University School of Law
- J.D. summa cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: ALI-ABA Scholarship & Leadership Award
- Honors: Donald M. Hunt Outstanding Barrister Award
- Major: Political Science
- Honors: Hatton W. Sumners Scholar
- Comment, If It Wasn’t on Purpose, Can a Court Take It Personally?: Untangling Asahi’s Mess That J’McIntyre Did Not, 45 TEX. TECH L. REV. 463 (2013).
HONORS & AWARDS
- John Howie Award, Dallas Trial Lawyers Association (2021)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Texas (2019-2023)
- Best Lawyers, Ones to Watch (2021-2023)
- Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine (2020, 22-23)
- Lawdragon Top 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers (2023)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Former Law Clerks of the Eastern District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association