Christopher J. Simmons
Founding PartnerDownload vCard
Christopher Simmons is one of the founding partners of Lyons & Simmons. He focuses his practice on representing plaintiffs in complex civil litigation involving wrongful death, catastrophic personal injuries, product liability, complex business disputes, construction defects, and professional liability. He has developed a reputation as a highly-skilled warrior who combines a tireless work ethic with a creative, “outside the box” approach to achieve results for the people that matter most—his clients. Simmons treats his clients’ problems as his own and is resolved to helping his clients succeed through some of life’s most difficult challenges. Simmons wants his clients to know that he will stand up for them against their opponents. Anytime. Anywhere.
Simmons is a firm believer that results speak louder than words and with that mindset he pursues justice for his clients. His pursuit of justice has resulted in him trying cases to verdict throughout the state of Texas and obtaining multimillion-dollar results for his clients in states across the country. Simmons, along with firm Co-Founder Michael Lyons, has assembled a team of lawyers that has been consistently recognized as leaders in their field. Simmons and his team have recovered hundreds of millions in judgments, awards, and settlements on behalf of their clients in a wide array of matters.
Simmons’ results-oriented mindset has gained the recognition of his peers. He has been recognized on the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers (2020) and the Thompson Reuters Super Lawyers-Texas Rising Stars listing (2014 - 2020.) He also has repeatedly been honored as one of the “Up-and-Coming 100” Rising Stars in Texas (2017 - 2020). Simmons has been named a “Best Lawyer in Dallas” by D Magazine (2019), has been honored as a “Best Lawyer in Dallas under 40” by D Magazine (2018 - 2020), and was named one of the Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers (2015). In 2019, Simmons was recognized in the prestigious “On the Rise” Texas Lawyer Professional Excellence Awards.
In addition to his efforts to obtain results for his clients, Simmons has consistently worked to support community members and peers by working on multiple committees within the Dallas Bar Association and other associations in Texas. With the help of his peers, he has raised significant amounts of money for charitable causes benefitting the citizens of Texas. In 2013, the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers honored Simmons by presenting him with the “Outstanding Committee Chair Award” for his efforts to support his community and peers.
Areas of Practice
- New Mexico
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
Southern Methodist University School of Law
- Honors: Order of Barristers
- Honors: Dean's List
Texas A&M University
- B.A. magna cum laude
- Five Things Associations Must Know to Prepare Clients for Depositions, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Dicta, April, 2011
- Representation of the family of wrongful death victim involving negligent entrustment, hiring, retention and training. Multimillion-dollar settlement obtained.
- Representation of the family of wrongful death victim involving worker who was killed on a Texas oil rig. Confidential settlement obtained.
- Representation of brain injury victim and family stemming from intoxicated and distracted driver of a commercial truck. Multimillion-dollar settlement obtained.
- Representation of victim of alleged sexual assault by employee of home service provider. Confidential settlement obtained.
- Representation of clients against large trucking company involving claims of negligence and negligent hiring, training, and entrustment. Successful settlement obtained.
- Representation of the family of adopted child who was exposed to harmful conditions in connection with adoption agency’s misrepresentations to the adoptive parents and negligence. Multimillion-dollar verdict obtained (recognized in Top Verdicts—Top Texas Verdicts List, 2012).
- Representation of multiple clients against large medical device manufactures. Confidential settlements obtained.
- Representation of clients in complex business tort case involving $500 million in alleged damages against a large aviation manufacturer arising out of claims for breach of fiduciary duty, aiding and abetting, and conspiracy. Obtained a successful settlement.
- Representation of publicly traded company where physician group sued for $2.6MM+ over alleged breach of management agreement. Multimillion-dollar judgment obtained plus attorneys’ fees.
Honors and Awards
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2019, 2021)
- Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine (2018-2020)
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers (2020)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Texas, Up-and-Coming 100 (2017-2020)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Texas (2014-2020)
- On the Rise, Texas Lawyer Professional Excellence Awards (2018)
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyers (2015)
- Top Verdicts Top Texas Verdicts List (2012)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, "Outstanding Committee Chair Award" (2013)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- State Bar of New Mexico, Member
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Member, Committee Co-Chair, 2008 - 2017